Carissa T.

Topic: Softball

Essential Question: What is most essential to winning a softball game?















Thursday, April 26, 2012

Independent Component 2

Literal
a) I, Carissa Twardowski, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.

b) For my independent component I exercised and conditioned to stay in shape.

Interpretive
I was determined to stay in shape by doing speed and agility training as well as basic exercises and physical activity. I have found exercise as a great destresser and it helped to not only keep up with my teammates that played on high school teams but also to make me quicker on the field. I tried hard to work out as much as I could to ensure that I wouldn't fall behind. This was 30 hours of actual work and sweat put towards improving quickness and maintaining physical stamina.

Applied
My essential question is "what is most essential to winning a softball game?". Everyone on my travel team plays on a high school team and I'm the only one who doesn't. In February/ March our team took a break for high school season. Since I wasn't playing and practicing with a team everyday like they were, I had to take it upon myself to do the work. One of my answers is about team cohesion and working towards a common goal that the team has. Our goal is to do well in our summer by winning tournaments we attend. With this goal in mind everyone must make an effort to get us there. My part involves doing work on my own and finding a way to improve with the resources that I have, so that my team is not lacking.


https://www.google.com/calendar/render?tab=wc

(red labels)







No comments:

Post a Comment